Home :: Roll Up :: Hair Dressing
Roll Up - Hair Dressing
A roller set forms the basis of many styles; it can be used to smooth hair, add waves or soft curls, or provide a foundation for an upswept style.
- Shampoo and condition your hair, then partially dry to remove excess moisture. Mist with a sryling spray.
- For a basic set, take a 50 mm/2 in section of hair (or a section the same width as your roller) from the centre front and comb it straight up, smoothing oUt any tangles.
- Wrap the ends of the sectioned hair around the roller, taking care not to buckle the hair. Then wind the roller down firmly, towards the scalp, keeping the tension even.
- Keep winding until the roller sits on the roots of the hair. Self-fixing rollers will stay in place on their own but if you are using brush rollers you will have to fasten them with a pin.
- Continue around the whole head, always taking the same width of hair. Re-mist the hair with sryling spray if it begins to dry out.
- Leave the finished set to dry naturally, or dry it with a diffuser anachment on your hand dryer, or with a hood dryer. When using artificial heat sources allow the completely dry hair to become' quite cool before you remove the rollers. Brush through the hair following the direction of the set. Mist the brush with hairspray and use to smooth any stray hairs.
- Use large diameter rollers for sleek, wavy looks, smaller rollers for curlier styles.
- Always use sections of equal width when setting the hair or you will get an uneven result.
- For maximum volume and control, let the hair cool completely before brushing through.
- A bristle brush will give a smoother finish to the style.
- If the finished set is too curly after brushing through, loosen the curl with a brush used with a hand dryer.
- To create extra volume and height use a fine-toothed comb to backcomb the roots.
You will need :-
- styling spray
- tail comb
- self-fixing rollers or brush rollers and pins
- hand or hood dryer (optional)
Back to hair care section