Home :: Calendula Cream
This thick and rich Calendula Cream is perfect for the winter weather - chock full of good ingredients for your hands, cuticles, elbows, heels and other areas prone to dryness when the weather turns. People especially like it becuase of the infused calendula oil, but you can use plain extra virgin olive oil if you don''t have the herbs. If you use calendula oil, your cream will have a nice golden texture.
- 1 ounce calendula infused extra virgin olive oil (or plain olive oil)
- 1 ounce shea butter
- 1 ounce mango butter
- 1/2 ounce avocado oil
- 1/4 ounce jojoba oil
- 1/4 ounce beeswax
- Melt all ingredients over a low flame in a double boiler until the beeswax is nearly completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir to melt the rest of the beeswax and to fully incorporate all the ingredients.
- Use a handheld mixer to mix the ingredients together at high speed. This will whip up the ingredients, especially the shea and mango butters, and add a bit of air to help promote more of a a whipped texture for the finished product. You can add fragrance and/or essential oil at this time (about 1/2 teaspoon or so should suffice depending on your preference), but I prefer the natural scent of the calendula by itself.
- Pour into jars while the mixture is still warm and pourable. Label and enjoy!!
You might interested in :-
Back to homemade cosmetics & beauty recipes section
Cosmetics Home || Beauty & Cosmetics Articles || Contact Us || Cosmetics Shopping
(c)Copyright Bestincosmetics.com All rights reserved.