Home :: Wonder Foods
Honey has innumerable beneficial properties. Firstly, it is a natural sweetener. Bees make honey by converting nectar into simple sugar that are actually easily and quickly absorbed into the bloodstream. thus, honey not only gives instant energy, but is ideal for all: young, old convalescents and people suffering from digestive disorders.
As a food, honey has other properties too. It contains many vitamins and minerals, like Vitamin B and C, calcium, iron, potassium, sodium, along with amino acids and enzymes. Taking honey ensures a supply of such valuable nutrients which can get destroyed in cooking.
Medicinal Values Of Honey
- A combination of honey and ginger soothes sore throat and prevents cold and cough.
- For sleep problems, take a tablespoon of honey in a warm milk as a bedtime drink. Honey has a mild, natural sedative effect and aids relaxation.
- If you are nervous and tense, honey will help.
- In cases of anemia and vitamin deficiency, take a tablespoon of honey in a glass of water everyday.
Yoghurt is very popular in India and easily available in most homes. It has benefits than we may be aware of. Yoghurt is a milk product and is formed by a natural process. The lactose in a milk is converted into lactic acid. With fermentation, the milk becomes yoghurt, or curd.
Yoghurt is a rich in vitamin and minerals, like Vitamin A and B, calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorous. Being a milk product, it can met protein requirements. It is an ideal food for older people, who have to guard against conditions caused by protein foods like meat. Yoghurt is nature's own antibiotic. It destroys harmful bacteria that may be present in our digestive system. Foe those recovering from illeness, yoghurt is ideal, as it is easily digestible and yet, helps to strengthen the body. It is as nutritious as milk, but easier to digest.
Yoghurt is nature's own antibiotic. It destroys harmful bacteria in our digestive system, helps strengthen the body, and is as nutritious as milk, but easier to digest
Nutritional experts agree that the best way the body can assimilate nutrients is a raw juices form. This way they quickly and easily the richest sources of vitamins and minerals, with their trace elements.
The raw juices of various fruits and vegetables contain all the necessary substances- carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins, bioflavinoids and cellulose These are essential to good health, strengthen the immune system and protect the body from diseases and degeneration. Juices taken fresh and raw contribute to the building of healthy new cells, revitalizing the bloodstream and having a rejuvenating effect on the organ and glands.
Benefits of various Juices
- Carrot juice combined with cabbage juice has an alkaline effect and is a protection from the effects of acid forming foods.
- Carrot juice is the richest source of the Vitamin A.
- Cucumber juice helps to promote the flow of urine.
- Citrus fruits are rich in Vitamin C.
- Lemon juice can be added to all juices to enhance their taste.
Tomato, turnip, carrots, cabbage, spinach, oranges, lemon, apples, pineapple, beetroot, cucumber, grapefruits are some of the fruits and vegetables from which juices can be extracted.
Back to our popular section