Home :: Facial
Facial to lighten Dry Skin
Milk contains lactic acid, an AHA. Regular use of milk helps lighten skin gently, leading to fairer skin. Lactic acid may irritate sensitive skin though. Although milk is soothing for most people, you still should test it on the crook of your arm to see if it irritates your skin. If no irritation occurs, then proceed.
Before you star
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Wash all the bowls, whisk, utensils, spoons, cups and whatever equipment you will be using for this facial with soap and water. Sterilize these with boiling water. (Note: do not boil glass items as these can crack and the splinters can injure you. Certain plastics can melt if boiled so watch out for that). Make sure all surfaces you use for preparing this facial are clean. Remember. For home facials, hygiene and cleanliness is all important.
- Soak 2 cotton pads in rose water.
- Prepare 3 large sterile strips of cotton wool. The 1st strip should be large enough to cover your neck. The 2nd strip should be able to cover the lower part of your face from below your ears across your face under your nose. The 3rd should cover the rest of your face (Leaving a gap for your nostrils so that you can breathe.) Soak these pads in buttermilk.
- Put a handful of rose petals into a bowl.
- Fill a kettle with water and set that to boil.
- Wear a hair band or shower cap to keep your hair off your face. Get ready some cotton pads and a clean towel an 1 tablespoon of skim milk.
- Now you are ready for your facial.
- Dip a pair of clean cotton pads into a bowl with 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of almond oil. Use these pads to wipe your makeup off your face. Discard leftover mixture.
- Wash off the milk and oil with lots of water.
- Mix 1 tablespoonful of milk with the almond flour. Use that as a scrub to cleanse your face. Discard leftover scrub.
- Wash off the scrub with lots of water.
- Dry your face with a clean towel.
- Pour boiling water into the bowl of rose petals.
- With the towel forming a 'tent' over your head and the bowl, keep your face about 20cm above the bowl. (Caution: Skip this step if you are an asthmatic. The steam could trigger an attack. Skip this step if you have thread veins. The heat could worsen your condition )
- Relax and let the steam cleanse your face for 10 minutes.
- Put 1 pad soaked with rosewater over each eye
- Soak the 3 large strips of cotton wool in buttermilk. Apply that on your face as a mask, avoiding your nostrils so that you can breathe. Put the strip across your neck first, then the strip under your nose, followed by the largest strip above your nose over the rest of your face. Be sure to leave your nostrils uncovered so that you can breathe easily. Discard leftovers.
- Relax with the mask for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pads and cotton wool.
- Wash off the residue with lots of water.
- Dip 2 new cotton pads in the witch hazel and use it as a toner to clean your face further.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer and you are set to go.
Cosmetics Home || Gynaecological Problems || Beauty & Cosmetics Articles || Contact Us || Cosmetics Shopping
(c)Copyright Bestincosmetics.com All rights reserved.