Home :: Acne Don'ts :: Acne
The Top Five Acne Don'ts
- Never, never pick or extract blackheads or whiteheads yourself. "You can spread the contents deep into the oil glands and surrounding tissue and cause a cystic infection. And you can stretch and disfigure the pore- permanently.
When you squeeze a pimple, you push the sebum down through the pore, and the pore can rupture. When it ruptures, the sebum enters the oil gland and possibly the surrounding tissue, which can cause irritation and scarring. If the only way to retain yourseif from squeezing is to wash your face with lights out or stay away from mirror, do it! But whatever you do, don't pick.
- Don't use astringents with harsh alcohols and soaps that overdry and strip the skin. They can make acne worse because the oil glands will overcompensate and secrete even more oil. There's also a good chance that you'll develop dermatitis and skin that feels taut and dry- and get caught up in a cycle of overmoisturizing.
- If you have developed mysterious bumps on the forehead, especially around your hairline, check the haircare products you use. Alcohol, emollients, and the fragrances in some gels and sprays can aggrative the skin. Either discontinue use of the product or put a thick terrycloth headband around your forehead whenever you apply it.
- Don't go for facial more often than every six weeks.(Although an at- home mask every week or two is fine). This is a case when too much of a good thing - extractions, massage, exfoliation- can inflame or irritate the skin.
- Don't rest your chin on your hands, and keep your hands off your face. Didn't your mother tell you that?
Cosmetics Home || Beauty Articles || Gynaecological Problems || Contact Us || Body Tattoos || Stretch Marks|| Celebrities || Plastic Surgery || HGH || Resveratrol Reviews ||
(c)Copyright Bestincosmetics.com All rights reserved.